[Pmwiki-users] Preventing acronyms from being treated as wiki words?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Apr 28 07:29:44 CDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 03:12:35PM +0200, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> Hi
>
> How do I prevent words such as 'RS232', 'COM1' etc from being treated as
> wiki-words? (If my memory isn't wrong, this behaviour is new in PmWiki?).

Nope, it's not new--it's been this way for a very long time (since 0.3).

However, you can protect individual words using $WikiWordCount:

   $WikiWordCount['RS232'] = 0;
   $WikiWordCount['COM1'] = 0;

or if you want to disallow this particular pattern entirely, you can
change the definition of $WikiWordPattern to require at least one lowercase
letter (don't have time to write it now--let me know if you want this).