[Pmwiki-users] Idea about the preview

Bob Dively dive
Tue Apr 27 07:47:46 CDT 2004

Christian Ridderstr?m <chr at home.se> wrote:

> Is there a reason why you aren't directly transported to the preview-area
> of the page when you press "Preview"? I.e. couldn't we have an anchor
> just before the preview area, and append something like "#preview" to
> the URI that you eventually get after pressing "Preview"?

I know that PM went with the majority opinion at the time, but I've never
quite understood why the actual preview comes after the textarea edit box
on the preview page. The idea is to preview after all. It is possible to
reverse the two sections in config.php, but that introduces a subtle bug
into the text in the preview page textarea object which is then saved with
incorrect values (or at least it did last time I looked at it which was a
couple of months ago). The anchor idea is a nice workaround if the textarea
has to stay first on the page, but it has to be done in a way that's
obvious to the user (i.e., they have to know that they must scroll up to
edit more or save).

-b