[Pmwiki-users] [Fwd: IRC Log]

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun Apr 18 09:10:43 CDT 2004

On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 02:12:08AM +0200, Nils Knappmeier wrote:
> Now, comes some loud-thinking about the technical part, you can ignore
> this if you're not interested.

And my comments are just about the technical aspect, not about whether
or not this *should* be done.

> I'm wondering what would be a good idea to do this. The best way would
> probably be to have Squeaky replace a page (IRC.WikiLog) with the last
> 1000 lines from the chat every hour (minute, 24 hours?). [...]

Actually, I wouldn't have Squeaky (the bot) do this--I would just have
a separate cron program that would read Squeaky's log file and do the
appropriate postings.  No need to wedge the code into the infobot when
it can be done more directly.