[Pmwiki-users] Spam on my pmwiki list address

Wechsler wechsler
Thu Apr 15 11:58:19 CDT 2004

Enrique Pardo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have received one spam on the email account I have created for this
> list and that I don't use for anything else.

> How is this?
> Are there robots harvesting the archives?
> How can we prevent this?

Bear in mind (beyond the possibility of archive harvesting) that if
anyone on this list has ever had a suitable windows mass-mailer virus,
your email address could have been picked out of their outlook folders
and sent out to virtually anywhere, too.

Unfortunately the days of "safe" email addresses ended a while back.

	Wechsler