[Pmwiki-users] calendar implementation

John Rankin john.rankin
Wed Apr 14 23:22:12 CDT 2004

On Wednesday, 14 April 2004 11:24 AM, Andres Yver <yver at entelchile.net> wrote:
>Hi,
>I'd like to use JR's nifty Calendar script from the cookbook to provide
>a log function for members of the Profile group. The calendar will sit
>in a sidebar of their UserName/HomePage, the viewer clicks on dates to
>jump to different log entries. The wikilognews (a summary of posts)
>gets displayed on the Profiles/UserName page. Is it possible to do
>this? Remember, i'd like a personal calendar for each UserName.

The way Calendar is currently implemented, the easiest way to do this
is with a separate calendar group for each user name.

>I created a Calendar Group, and placed [[wikilog]] into the
>GroupHeader. All Calendar Group pages now display the calendar. For
>some reason, the css isn't getting to the output. The instructions say
>to mv the Calendar.css file to $Group.css into /pub/css.

The pmwiki/scripts/tlayout.php script should be checking for
$PubDirUrl/css/Calendar.css (which is there) using $PageCSSListFmt.
Have you by any chance redefined this in your local/config.php?

>Another issue is that if i call [[wikilognews:Calendar/HomePage]] from
>another group's markup, it displays the month, but says no entries even
>if there are.
>View behaviour at
>
>http://solaroof.org/pmwiki6/pmwiki.php/Profiles/Andres
>
>http://solaroof.org/pmwiki6/pmwiki.php/Calendar/HomePage
>

>Am i missing something basic?

It looks as if you are using a modified version of the list_entries
function to retrieve the entry snippets. Check that this is in
fact passing and using the group name; otherwise, it may be looking
in the Profiles group and thus not finding any entries. You may be
using Frank Hellwig's alternate version, which was developed before
the wikilognews feature was added, so doesn't know to use a passed
group name.

Also, I see that your Publish button doesn't work either. I'm
wondering if a recent change to PmWiki has broken this and will
check it out tonight.

>thanks,
>
>Andres
>

>--