[Pmwiki-users] annoying setlocale misbehaviour

Enrique Pardo pmwiki
Fri Apr 9 02:20:37 CDT 2004

Hi,

I am struggling with a language issue here because my wiki is using the
french localization and my server is giving me english month names.

I would appreciate someone's help because I'm really stuck here.

My ISP (pair.com) says that the "fr_FR" locale (set in PmWikiFr/XLPage) is
not a valid php locale for their servers and I should add to it the
character set I wish to use. This gives: "fr_FR.ISO8859-1"

I have changed this in my PmWikiFr/XLPageLocal (I could have added it also
to my config.php)

While the month names are now in french, the character set changes the
decimal separators generated from a php script from a period "." to a comma
",".

When in PmWiki you format some text to be smaller like in: [-smaller text-]
the previous html generated by PmWiki was:

and now is:

making the font-size to be ignored by the browser, hence the text to stay
the same size.

--> this is quite a problem

So how to avoid it?
I need the french locale (and month names in french).
Pm, could you ROUND the generated font-size values?

I'm really stuck here.
Thanks alot for your help.

--
Enrique Pardo