[Pmwiki-users] simultaneous edit corruption?

Robin Sheat robin
Thu Apr 8 09:33:42 CDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 11:50:19AM -0700, Steven Leite wrote:
> development list.  I think it's pretty important.  I know other wiki's have
> this feature, so I'm not sure why PmWiki doesn't (or does it?).
Because it is very difficult to do in a sensible fashion. Say person A
starts editing a page. They have been there for 6 minutes. Person B
starts to edit the same page. Should they be allowed? We don't know if A
is still working on it, or has gone off somewhere else. The best
solution IMHO is simply a warning: 'Someone may be editing this page.
Check revision history after submitting' or similar

--
Robin <robin at kallisti.net.nz>                 JabberID: <eythian at jabber.org>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0x776DB663 Fingerprint=DD10 5C62 1E29 A385 9866 0853 CD38 E07A 776D B663