[Pmwiki-users] Newbie question - how to set the "root" page of agroup

Patrick Ogay lists
Thu Apr 8 05:46:55 CDT 2004

Steven Leite wrote:

>>>How do I define what page the "root" page of a group is? I ask primarily
>>>

>>>I just created a new group, but if a user clicks on the root of that
>>>

>group, it
>

>>>directs them back to Main/HomePage.
>>>

>I struggled with this very same problem this morning.  I think there's still

I had probably the same  problem.
Until  remarked that some recepies, change behaviour of the wiki,
particulary when calling a new page or just a group.
(I had problems after installing wikilog, JR, I haven't reinstalled it yet)

This is an installation of wiki 0.6.9 and this Group has an own config file
http://www.basel-inside.ch/pmwiki-0.6.9/pmwiki.php/PSozOek
It reacts correctly.

regards
Patrick Ogay

---
PHP question:
Isn't it possible to call a function in e string like:
echo " $var0  func($var1) ";
echo " $var0 {func($var1)} ";
echo " $var0 $funcvar($var1) ";
echo " $var0 ${func($var1)} ";
all cases don't work lik this.

echo " $var0".func($var1) ;
works but I'd like to substitute a variable through a function without
changing the syntax in every string the variable is used.