[Pmwiki-users] Easily Hackable?

H. Fox haganfox
Sat Apr 3 14:30:07 CST 2004

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 12:58:08PM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
>
>> This almost sounds like group support, which brings a question to
>> mind: If htaccess capability were added to pmwiki, could htgroup
>> support be added also, perhaps not right away, but eventually?
>> From the Apache manual:
>>
> [snip]
>
> Sure, it'd be no problem to do this.  But it's still an issue of "how
> to specify authorization"  -- i.e., how should we specify which
> names/groups are able to perform which operations on which pages?

I'm not experienced enough to have a definitive answer.  I was thinking
along this line:  You could treat a HtGroup as a pseudo-user and do it
however its done now... if that makes any sense.

Give "authors" permissions just as you would any PmWiki user.  If
someone in the authors group needs their permissions revoked, just
remove their name from the authors group in the htgroups file and it's done.

You could create an arbitrary group of users for any purpose just by
editing the htgroups file.

>> Not necessarily. With the .htaccess method I posted a few days ago,
>> authorship can be forced.
>>
>> <Adds a single line to config.php.  Grins because it was so easy.>
>
> Indeed, this is another excellent point.  :-)

You mean the grin?  ;)

Hagan