[Pmwiki-users] Fwd: about the makeWikiPage script...

Tom Hoover l-pmwiki-users
Sat Sep 27 07:30:15 CDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 10:58:40AM -0400, Crisses wrote:
> As for the changing of ownership/permissions on files by using a
> cronjob: I'm unlikely to get my hosting service to allow me to add a
> cronjob that runs every 5 minutes to reset ownership of files...is this
> necessary?  Is there another way of doing that portion automatically?

I just thought of a way that might work for you.  Can you talk your
sysadmin into creating a 'pmwiki' group?  If so, then add your login and
the login under which your web server runs (www-data, in my case) to
that group.  Change the 'group owner' of wiki.d to 'pmwiki', and ensure
the permissions of wiki.d are set to 2775.  Once that is done, all new
files created will be owned by the 'pmwiki' group, and the cronjob will
not be required.  Of course, you'll need to change the group ownership
of previously created files to 'pmwiki'.