[Pmwiki-users] Improvements

D. Deuter d2deuter
Sun Sep 21 05:21:17 CDT 2003

Hello,

Pmwiki seems to be the best PHP wiki available!!!

Maybe there are still some improvements possible:
-) It would be great, if .htaccess files were
created automatically in upload directories that
use restricted (group) access!
-) Shouldn't the local.php be included _after_
stdconfig to overrule the standard settings with the
personal ones (p.e. search forces me to use an icon
and own header, I already disabled with my local.php)?
-) AllRecentChanges/Uploads shouldn't be visible to
world by default!
-) Attr/sessionAuth-Password fields should be of
type "password" (instead of "text" to prevent caching
of browser), with verification fields (for typos)!

I created some logout function for htaccess (needs
to be called for each realm that was used within the
session) - useful for places where you just can't
close the browser to clear its password cache:
 SDV($HandleActions['logout'],'HandleLogout');
 function HandleLogout($pagename) {
  global $AuthRealmFmt,$AuthDeniedFmt;
  $realm=FmtPageName($AuthRealmFmt,$pagename);
  header("WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm=\"$realm\"");
  header("Status: 403 Forbidden");
  header("HTTP-Status: 403 Forbidden");
  PrintFmt($pagename, '<html><head>
    and clear the browser cache.</body></html>');
  exit;
 }
I put it in my local.php, but maybe it is interesting
enough to include it in the script directory (I hold
no copyright on that function).

Thanks & CU,
Doppeldeuter.