[Pmwiki-users] Proposed [[#anchor]] enhancement

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Sep 8 22:44:55 CDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 03:55:42PM +1200, John Rankin wrote:

> In hindsight, #anchor, [[#anchor]] and [[#anchor text]]
> should probably all behave like links on the current page,
> with some other markup used to designate an anchor
> reference, such as [#anchor#].

I disagree with #anchor, because there's too much opportunity for
it to occur in regular markup.

> However, since pmwiki is using [[#anchor]] to denote a
> reference, I propose that [[#anchor text]] be added to
> make it easier to write an in-page link.

Agreed--I posed this same idea to the listserv at the bottom of
http://pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users_pmichaud.com/2003-August/001183.html
but didn't get any responses.  So, I'll go ahead and add this
to the official distribution markup.