[Pmwiki-users] Password Problems

Nathan Jones nathanj
Wed Nov 26 15:21:48 CST 2003

brandon at clevercoder.com wrote:
> $DefaultPasswords['admin'] = crypt('mysecret');
>into my local.php and no change when I visited
>clevercoder.com/index.php?action=attr .  It still wouldn't let me in.

By default, PmWiki uses Basic HTTP auth (ie. browser pops up a username
and password prompt). Not sure why it's not working for you, but some web
server set ups don't support it. Didn't work for me either.

You could try adding:

include_once("scripts/sessionauth.php");

...to local.php. This will get PmWiki to prompt for a password in a web
based form instead.

--
Nathan Jones