FW: [Pmwiki-users] Mailposts not working

Winfried Mueller towinni
Fri Nov 21 10:00:17 CST 2003

Hello,

Am Wed, 19 Nov 2003 15:39:18 -0000, "Edward Andrews"
<edward at aldreth.com> schrieb:

>I've changed local.php to include
>
>##  Enable email notification of site changes
>$MailPostsTo="edward at aldreth.com";    # where to send mail notifications
>$MailPostsDelay=1;
>$MailPostsSquelch=1;
>$EnableMailPosts=1;                   # to enable mailposts
>

>and explicitely enabled stdconfig.  However I'm still not getting emails -
>any further suggestions?

You can output a debug msg to a file in the function
scripts/mailposts.php#MailPostsSendmail. If this debug message
are wrote, it think, the pmwiki-System works correct and the
point of the problem is the sendmail command. Then, you can also
write a own dummy sendmail command as a simple shell script and
can check, whether this is correct called with correct arguments.
This shell script should be the same permissions, as the original
sendmail-command.

It is possible, that you can't call the external sendmail
command? (a permission problem) -> login with the www user
account and test it.

Winfried Mueller