[Pmwiki-users] Calling forms from a wiki page

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Nov 10 17:16:54 CST 2003

People have asked about the possibility of placing forms in a wiki
page, and there are two answers.

1.  Form elements can always be added as local customizations using
custom markup.  For example, to add a custom form element to perform a
Google search, one can do

  $InlineReplacements['/\\[\\[\\$Google\\]\\]/'] =
    "<form method='get' action='http://www.google.com/search'>
      <input type='text' name='q' size='25'></form>";

which makes the [[$Google]] markup string embed a Google search box in
the wiki page.

2.  Allowing arbitrary form elements in wiki pages is likely to
require some pretty sophisticated wiki markup.  I haven't had a need
for such capabilities myself, but if someone wants to propose some
reasonable wiki markup sequences for handling form elements I could
look into adding it (probably as a local customization).  Take a look
at http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/ChoosingGoodMarkup for more
details.

Pm