[Pmwiki-users] Can't do $EnablePathInfo = 1 ????

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Nov 5 08:32:59 CST 2003

It all depends intimately on the specific installation and
configuration that has been set up for your webserver and PHP
environment.  Some installations of PHP, especially when installed
using the CGI server API, simply cannot anything appearing in the URL
path after the PHP script itself (the PathInfo part).  PmWiki tries to
guess if the PathInfo ("clean") URLs might work and sets
$EnablePathInfo accordingly, but it sometimes guesses wrong.

It's probable that your web host can't handle having anything appear
after the name of the PHP script itself.  However, if you can run
cgi-bin scripts then there can sometimes be a workaround using a
wrapper script (let me know if you want to try this).

Pm