[Pmwiki-users] Re: uploads for different groups

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon May 12 09:36:42 CDT 2003

On Sun, May 11, 2003 at 11:38:52PM -0400, Dawn Green wrote:
> Group administration remains uncharted waters for me so I'm a little confused
> on the $UploadUrlFmt variable for groups.  My local.php file which is used for
> 4 different groups contains the following for uploads:
>
> <?php
> $DefaultPasswords['upload'] = crypt('somepassword');
> ?>
>
> My question is how do I use different passwords, URLs and other variables for
> different groups?

Put the $DefaultPasswords['upload'] line and other customizations in the
per-group .php files instead of (or in addition to) local.php.  That way
each group will have its own upload password and settings.  In general,
local.php contains configuration settings common to all groups, while
the per-group .php configuration files in local/ contain the per-group
settings.

You can also set a group-wide password by setting the "upload" attribute
of the GroupAttributes page (see http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/Passwords).