[pmwiki] Re: [Pmwiki-users] problems with returns and paragraphs

Bernhard Weichel in pmwiki-users pmwiki-users at b-weichel.2in.de
Sat Jun 28 14:22:12 CDT 2003

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 08:26:30PM +0200, Bernhard Weichel in
> pmwiki-users wrote:
>> PmWiki  treats two subsequent line feeds as a paragraph. But this is
>> not the case when

> Why would it not be...?
>
>     * the list entry and the first entry
>     * the second list entry and the second entry
>
> Are you implying that PmWiki should also insert line breaks
> (<br />) in the lines as well?

no, I wanted to illustrate, that the first linbreak disappears since the
text is wrapped.

> --------
>
> Overall, it sounds to me as though you're saying that a line beginning
> with a '*' should start a list item that continues until the next line
> that has some sort of beginning-of-line markup character.  While this
> is probably reasonable, I'm not aware of any other wikis that work
> this way.

You can see that I am still on the way to make markup as regular as
possible.
And if the rule says that subsequent lines are the same as one line as
long as it does not start with markup, it would be much clearer for me.

>     ;* the list entry and
>     the first entry
>     ;* the second list entry and
>     the second entry

sure, and I could do it by myself in the customization if pmwiki would
not throw the empty paragraphs for the line breaks.

My previous mail shows what I am actually trying to do, and how I
hacked pmwiki not to emit empty pargraphs.

--b