[Pmwiki-users] Re: PmWiki 0.5.5 causes the calendar script to break

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Jun 24 18:34:19 CDT 2003

In 0.5.5 release the algorithm for determining the page name was
changed slightly--previously the pagename would be uncritically set
to the value of the PATH_INFO string, now it is set to only that
portion of the page that matches the Group.PageName pattern.  Unfortunately,
this occurs before the local.php is set (i.e., before the administrator
has an opportunity to change the PageNamePattern).

This is a catch-22 situation for pmwiki.php--it seems I can either
uncritically use the value of PATH_INFO, making things much more
difficult for people who are on webhosting services where PATH_INFO
isn't set, or I can set $pagename to be PATH_INFO only if it matches
the group/page name pattern, making things more difficult for those
who are setting custom groupname or pagename patterns.

The "quick fix" in the calendar case is to add

if (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pagename']) && !isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['pagename']))
   $pagename = @substr($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PATH_INFO'],1);

to the beginning of local.php.  I don't particularly like this solution
but I haven't come up with anything better yet.

Pm