[Pmwiki-users] Changing Free Edit Rules

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jun 18 16:26:08 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 04:54:11PM -0400, John Coxon wrote:
> >And no, I don't know of an easy way to automatically import pages
> >from another wiki, but I'd be willing to try to write a script to
> >do it (converting the FreeLinks to PmWiki-style links in the process)
> >if
> >it'd be very useful.
>
> That brings up a good point. I've always been leery of proprietary file
> formats but in my enthusiasm for PmWiki I haven't given much thought to
> what would be involved in exporting PmWiki files should the unthinkable
> need arise. Need I be concerned?

I don't think you'd need to be too concerned.  One of PmWiki's features
is that all of its data is held in flat text files that are easy to
parse and extract data from if that's ever needed.

Plus, PmWiki provides the "?action=source" option, which returns the
source markup text of a document without any HTML formatting or conversion.
For an example, see http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/PmWiki?action=source
or add ?action=source to any PmWiki URL.  This feature is commonly used by
scripts that need to extract information from PmWiki pages.