[Pmwiki-users] Announcement: pmwiki-0.5.0 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jun 13 13:22:29 CDT 2003

Once again, I'm pleased to announce that pmwiki-0.5.0 is officially
released.  The primary changes from 0.4 have been in the variables
used to control the layout of PmWiki pages, but along the way PmWiki
has also moved to support XHTML 1.0 compatibility.

The release notes contain full details of the changes.  In general,
upgrading should not pose a problem unless you were defining custom
header or footer functions in the $PageHeaderFmt or $PageFooterFmt
variables.  If you were defining custom functions, you may be able
to simply change something like
   $PageHeaderFmt = 'MyHeaderFunction';
to instead read
   $PageHeaderFmt = 'function:MyHeaderFunction';
which does essentially the same thing.  Also note that any function
called from $PageHeaderFmt or $PageFooterFmt no longer needs to call
the StartHTML or EndHTML functions, as this is now handled elsewhere.

I've also begun a section on pmichaud.com called the "PmWiki Cookbook";
this is a place where people can read and write examples of various
customizations that can be performed with PmWiki.  The URL for the
cookbook is http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Cookbook .  A few examples
are there already and I hope many more will be added.

As always, my sincere thanks to everyone who continues to contribute
to the success of PmWiki.  Please be sure to add yourselves to the
PmWikiContributors if you haven't already done so.

If anyone experiences any problems installing or upgrading pmwiki-0.5.0,
feel free to contact me or the listserv and we'll work it out.