[Pmwiki-users] a plan to do diff/patch in PHP ?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Jul 30 14:49:07 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 06:19:50PM +0200, garfield_fr wrote:
> Do you have a plan to implement Diff/Patch in full PHP ?

I have dreams of implementing Diff/Patch in full PHP, and have
even investigated the algorithms required, but I don't have a
good feel or expectation for when I might actually have an implementation
ready.  I know it's a pain for people stuck on webservers that don't
have diff(1) and patch(1) conveniently available, but a built-in diff/patch
just hasn't bubbled up to the top of my work priorities yet.

I wonder how other PHP-based wikis handle their page revisions/restores?
Do they make use of the external programs also or do they have their own
implementation?