[Pmwiki-users] PmWiki on Boa

Carlo Strozzi carlos
Wed Jul 30 11:42:07 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 09:59:57AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> But, a question:  does having both location- and html- based redirection
> in the response work even under the buggy version of Boa?  I thought about

Yes, definitely.

> doing this (and probably will, since the HTTP protocol recommends that
> Location responses also have a document with them),  but if both are

Exactly. That's why I proposed to use both "belt and braces" :-)
BTW: did my attachments get through the mailing-list

> present I didn't know if a browser would use the mangled (and incorrect)
> Location header or the redirect given in the HTML document.  My guess
> was that it would follow the Location header to an invalid document,
> in which case having the HTML there in adition to Location wouldn't
> solve the problem.  But maybe this isn't the case...?

That's a sensible concern. What I can tell is that it works fine with
Mozilla 1.4, Netscape 4.78 and Lynx 2.8.4 on Linux. Untested with Opera,
MSIE and other browsers. Actually, with Lynx it does work, but the
browser needs a "kick" (just try it out and you'll see what I mean). But
it may just be a matter of configuring Lynx in a different way, I dunno.

Carlo
--
For best reading please set the Courier font.
Freedom for Business: http://swpat.ffii.org