[Pmwiki-users] Entities in [[reference text]]

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun Jul 13 18:10:17 CDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 11:35:34AM +1200, John Rankin wrote:
> Got it!
>
> I'll have to do a bit more to get long vowels, as lower and upper case vowels with macrons aren't part of the HTML or XHTML DTD. So I need to translate Ā into Ā  ā into ā and so on.
>
> A more general solution might be to apply all (most?)
> $InlineReplacements to $btext...

I thought about this, but have decided to not go down that avenue just
yet because there could be all sorts of unforeseen and unwanted interactions.

Another solution might be to apply character entity formatting
immediately after doing the html_entities formatting; i.e., before
the LinkPatterns are applied.  I don't recall--is there a particular
reason why we chose to do entity formatting via $InlineReplacements and not
$DoubleBrackets...?