[Pmwiki-users] Which pmwiki version is needed for Calendar?

John Rankin john.rankin
Mon Aug 25 16:28:21 CDT 2003

In fact, according to my tests, the only way to get wikilog.php to work is
to include it from local.php (see the source code of scripts/pgcust.php for
details).

Carlo
--

It does no harm loading wikilog from local.php, but since it redefines
some of pmwiki's default rules, administrators may want to restrict its

By default, pmwiki requires page names to begin with a letter. If you want
to refer to a calendar page from outside the calendar group, you need to
redefine the $PageTitlePattern and $FreeLinkPattern to allow this. Then
references of the form Calendar.{{20030825}} will work from anywhere.

Pmwiki defines

$PageTitlePattern = "[A-Z][A-Za-z0-9]* ...

In local.php change this to

$PageTitlePattern = "[A-Z0-9][A-Za-z0-9]* ...

You will need to make a corresponding change to $FreeLinkPattern:

$FreeLinkPattern = "[A-Za-z] ...

becomes

$FreeLinkPattern = "[A-Za-z0-9] ...

Then you should be able to include calendar.php from inside a Group.php file.

I have it running on several wikis in this way.

To minimise the impact of calendar on pmwiki's default values, it treats

Group/ followed by 8 digits

as a valid $LinkPatterns, using FmtWikiLink.

JR