[Pmwiki-users] Temporary files being created and not deleted

John Rankin john.rankin
Sun Aug 24 17:42:20 CDT 2003

I have encountered a problem with temporary files appearing in wiki.d after pages
are edited. I have 3 wikis on the same server, only one of them is doing this,
and it appears to be independent of the pmwiki version.

The hosting service support person has written:
---

It appears to be a side effect of the patch(1) command PmWiki is
calling. The actual patch in question is failing, so it generates a .rej
(reject) and .orig (original) file for backup purposes.

---
The server has copies of diff and patch in a bin/ directory in pmwiki.

I have checked the permissions and they appear to be identical on all 3
installations.

Has anybody else encountered this, can explain what is going on, and advise
me how to fix it?

Thanks
--
John Rankin