[Pmwiki-users] Group/page descriptions

John Rankin john.rankin
Tue Aug 19 15:45:48 CDT 2003

See http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Cookbook/IncludePara

and http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Cookbook/FootNotes

Let me know if you have any questions.

 > We took a slightly different approach to a similar problem. We added
the markup:

>   [[para:SomeGroup.PageName#anchor]]
>
 > If #anchor is omitted, it returns the first paragraph of
 SomeGroup.PageName, after stripping off any initial markup characters
like *,#,!,:

Ouch... you don't seem to have any line breaks, that's why the quote of
your message looks so ugly.

eek! is this any better?

Adding the script for this to the cookbook sounds good. But although
'para' is nice and short, it's a bit non-descriptive. This is about
'including' parts of another page, 'include' should be in there. What do
you think of these suggestions?

	[[include-paragraph:SomeGroup.PageName#anchor]]

	[[includePar:SomeGroup.PageName#anchor]]

	[[include-?:SomeGroup.PageName#anchor]]
---
How about [[includepara:SomeGroup.PageName#anchor]]

I chose para /because/ it's nice and short,
and it borrows the DocBook 'para' element name.

But we could do:

  $DoubleBrackets("/\\[\\[(include)?para: ...

which allows both variants.

Although I think variants may be a result of not choosing good markup
and are harder to remember ;-)
---

JR