[Pmwiki-users] Idea for FastForward or Link-next of page trails

Christian Ridderström chr
Sat Aug 16 12:32:09 CDT 2003

Hi

With my browser (Opera), there's a function called "FastForward", which I
think would be very nice if it works on page trails.

This is how you use it: Pressing <space> does page down until you reach
the end of the page, then if you press <space>, Opera opens the "next"
page.

You can try this on google for instance,
	http://www.google.com/search?q=fastforward+Opera&btnG=Google+Search
where <space> will give you the next page with hits.

As for implementation, I don't really know how it works. Quoting from:
	http://www.opera.com/features/fforward/

	When viewing a page with no user forward history, Opera will try
	to detect a possible "forward" link that you can access with a
	forward gesture or keyboard shortcut. The "Forward" icon will
	change into a "Fast Forward" icon when this is possible. Try it
	with a search engine to go to the "Next page" link, or when
	reading a multi-page on-line article. It can detect "link-next"
	elements, and will perform checks to find one if not.

So Opera probably looks for links containing the word 'next' in them, if
it can't find "link-next" elements. I have no idea what a "link-next"
element is though, which is what should be added to the HTML-output.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44		http://www.md.kth.se/~chr