[pmwiki] [Pmwiki-users] Webmenu, FlexLayout, and CSS.

Bernhard.Weichel@t-online.de Bernhard.Weichel
Fri Aug 15 10:22:41 CDT 2003

Robin wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 09:22:35AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>> No, as mentioned in my previous messages I'm planning to create a
>> /pub, which is where people put files that need to be accessible by
>> the outside world (such as .css, .jpg, .gif, etc.).  I think this is
>> a better, easier to understand organization than to try to explain
>> that some files in local are accessible while others are not.
> That would be good. I have the problem that as apache redirects
> everything for /wiki to /wiki/pmwiki.php, I can't have anything in the
> wiki dir that would be accessed by the browser, they all need to be
> somewhere out of the wiki path, which can get a little messy. Is there
> currently a nice way around this, or would I be best waiting?

We should summarize the requirements for the new file structure:

1. shall be upwards compatible to the previous one
2. shall support redirection of /wiki to pmwiki.php
3. shall keep local customization in one separate directory tree
   for application of local CVS. This directory tree should not
   be part of the directory tree created by the distribution
4. should support running multiple independant wikis from one
   installation
5. must protect internal files from being accessed by the browser

--bernhard