[pmwiki] [Pmwiki-users] Webmenu, FlexLayout, and CSS.

Bernhard.Weichel@t-online.de Bernhard.Weichel
Fri Aug 15 10:03:17 CDT 2003

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 11:06:09AM +0200,
> Bernhard.Weichel at t-online.de wrote:
>> Patrick,
>>
>> would it be possible to supply an .htaccess in /local
>> that allows to keep also the css and images there.
>>
>> so this htaccess should allow .css, .jpg, .gif ...
>
> No, as mentioned in my previous messages I'm planning to create a
> /pub, which is where people put files that need to be accessible by
> the outside world (such as .css, .jpg, .gif, etc.).  I think this is
> a better, easier
> to understand organization than to try to explain that some files in
> local are accessible while others are not.

Note that we should strictly separate standard wiki distributetd files
from local customizations. In this case we need a /localpub

This comes from the fact that CVS works on a directory level. And I want
to keep my local stuff under cvs.

Would it be possible that there is a /local/pub from which the files
may be accessed by the webserver?

bernahrd