[pmwiki] Re: [Pmwiki-users] CVS features was: discussion on line breaks

John Rankin john.rankin
Wed Aug 13 22:18:14 CDT 2003

In this case I would track:

 * date + time
 * IP
 * author
 * fulltitle
 * commment - allowing the author to briefly describe his changes
 * change level  - indicates "typo" "wording", "minorContent",
"majorContent"
 * state:   "new", "draft", "released"

I would really like to have a full title in addition to the title
which establishes the link.

----
What is the reason for tracking fulltitle as a field, rather than Patrick's earlier suggested markup of

=title My Preferred Title

For example, I imagine writing {{don't know}}, leading to a page called DontKnow, on which I write
=title don't know

I find the =title markup a bit more natural than using a field. PmWiki would still need to display the real page name, so writers know how to link to the page from elsewhere.

Whichever way it works, being able to specify a full title is a good idea!

JR