[Pmwiki-users] CVS features was: discussion on line breaks

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Aug 12 08:58:57 CDT 2003

Based on the large number of responses from people over the past few
days who have said they want to see authorship tracked, it's now
one of my highest priority items for development.  I expect to have
this feature integrated into PmWiki by the end of the week.

I have been planning to take a similar approach to what Bryant suggested--
that usernames are provided as an informative feature, not a
security one--no passwords, etc.  But if anyone thinks that it is
vitally important to go beyond simple authorship tracking to providing
full-fledged user accounts with passwords, then now would be a good
time to make your wishes known.  :-)  As is generally the case, I may
do this anyway if I find an easy implementation strategy, but as yet I'm
not committed to doing such.

And, of course, tracking authorship will be an optional feature, so that
those sites who don't want to deal with it aren't required to do so.

Pm