[Pmwiki-users] Problem saving large pages

Christian Ridderström chr
Sat Aug 9 18:18:20 CDT 2003

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> I just tried saving a page at
>    http://wiki.lyx.org/pmwiki.php/Test/SavePage1111
> and it was able to do over 800 characters, so I'm guessing you found+fixed
> the problem?  If so, what was it?
>
> If not, I wonder why it worked for me...?

I just tried, and now it's even worse... I managed to save the page once,
(with like 800+3) characters, but now I'm not able to save it again...

Then I decided to check with a different browser. Normally I use the
browser Opera 7.11 (in Linux), and that's where it doesn't work. Now that
I tried with Netscape 7.01 it works...

I have no idea what is going on here... orignially I noticed the problem
when I was "saving" from within Emacs using pmwiki-mode, and at first I
thought it was something I'd done... then I thought this was a problem
with the size of the POST...

If you have the possiblity to try saving a page using Opera, that would be
good...  (http://www.opera.com)

/Christian