[Pmwiki-users] Markup

Massimiliano Mirra mmirra
Fri Aug 8 13:35:16 CDT 2003

Jonathan Scott Duff <duff at cbi.tamucc.edu> writes:

> Sometimes the best markup is invisible :-)  I've sometimes wanted to
> write tables like this and have pmwiki figure out what's a header and
> where the boundaries are:
>
> Package			Status	Severity	Description
> -------			------	--------	-----------
> mozilla-locale-it	open	bug		Non pacchettizzato per
> 						la versione installata
> 						su Knoppix.
> knoppiversity-skel-it	open	bug 		La directory /etc/skel
> 						non viene copiata come
> 						tale
> links2			open	bug		Compilato in Woody,
> 						non funziona in Knoppix,
> 						perch?

Wow.  Tell me what editor you use that makes such a thing
maintainable.  Is there a secret Emacs NG? :-)

> But if you wanted to define your own specialized markup for the
> purposes of your bugs database, you could (assuming you know enough
> PHP to do so).  For instance, I like this one:
>
> =package mozilla-locale-it
> =status open
> =severity bug
> =description Non pacchettizzato per la versione installata su Knoppix.

I like it.  Perhaps it is time I start tinkering with PHP.

Another idea that came to mind is: at the beginning of a document,
there is a description (inline or imported) of some particular markup
that will be used in that document only.  That way one can choose the
processor for a particular document and not worry about it in other
documents.  Sort of style sheets.  Applied to my former example this
would be:

%markup import "list2table"

mozilla-locale-it
  status: open
  severity: bug

Or applied to yours:

%markup import "asciitable"

Package			Status	Severity	Description
mozilla-locale-it	open	bug		Non pacchettizzato per
						la versione installata

I definitely need to start tinkering with PHP. :-)))

> Anyway, putting it in tables as you have done is perfectly fine too.

But I did mean to have the output in tables, what bothered me a little
is that the plain text became less readable.

Massimiliano