[Pmwiki-users] Some issues with the latest pmwiki release

Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com
Tue Apr 29 11:02:41 CDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 10:45:06AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> However, I'm not sure I want to try to explain to a naive administrator
> why "11.1" comes before "2.5", or why $array["1.2"]  is different
> from $array[1.2].

But "11.1" doesn't come before "2.5" when you ksort() an array. And I
don't think you need to explain the difference between $array[1.2] and
$array["1.2"]; just tell them to always use quotes "so that everything
works correctly" (except maybe use more words :) and leave the
explanation to the PHP folks.

> This is especially since PHP will accept both without warning but
> produce different and difficult-to-describe/explain results depending
> on which is used.

Gee ... perl is looking better and better as an implementation
language ;-)

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff