[Pmwiki-users] suggestions needed

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Sun Apr 6 21:16:28 CDT 2003

On Monday, 7 April 2003 1:26 PM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at sci.tamucc.=
edu> wrote:
I could use some markup help again.  I've had a number of people
ask for the capability to change the background color or background
image of wiki pages.

My ideas thus far:

  [[background:blue]]      - set page background to blue
  [[background:url.gif]]   - set page background to image given by url.gif

  [[bgcolor:blue]]

  [[body bgcolor=3Dblue background=3Durl.gif link=3Dred alink=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dgrey]]

or do stuff overloading the %...% syntax.

Ideas or suggestions?

It could follow the precedent set by the || markup, which allows authors =
to specify a list of table attributes. At the start of a table, I might =
write:
||BGCOLOR=3D"#FFFFFF" align=3Dcenter border=3D5 bordercolor=3D"#4477cc" =
width=3D'100%' cellpadding=3D'6' cellspacing=3D'0'

By analogy, would it be appropriate to write a line something like:
=3D=3Dbgcolor=3Dblue background=3Durl.gif link=3Dred alink=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dgrey
or
%%bgcolor=3Dblue background=3Durl.gif link=3Dred alink=3Dblue vlink=3Dgrey

JR