[Pmwiki-users] recommendation

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at sci.tamucc.edu
Wed Nov 20 12:29:33 CST 2002

I don't know if it's the wrong listserv or not, but I'll respond anyway.
One of the nice things about PmWiki is that it's really easy to use the
$PageHeaderFmt and $PageFooterFmt variables to automatically add things
to the bottom of pages.  I haven't done it on any of my TAMUCC-based wikis
yet just because (1) I've been too lazy to do it, (2) I dislike the concept
of the disclaimers even though I recognize why they might be necessary,
and (3) I'm kinda waiting to see when and how the powers-that-be decide
to enforce that particular clause.

Your recommendation is a good one and would definitely help keep folks
out of trouble--but as far as the TAMUCC web is concerned I think I'm
purposely looking for trouble.  :-)

As an alternative to the forced disclaimer in the footer, one could
also create a [[disclaimer]] customized markup to allow page authors
to automatically add the disclaimer link on appropriate pages.

Pm