[pmwiki-users] Questions about PTV and PTV mass edit

ABClf languefrancaise at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 10:27:09 PDT 2024

Hello,

Soon or late, I'm planning to text process some of my wiki.d files to
correct ptv I have written with accented letters (my fault) ;
I think I will use grep/sed like tools.

My question is :
is it ok, safe, to mass edit files out of PmWiki ?
are date/time of files important for PmWiki ?
do I have to use options to preserve original timestamp when mass editing ?
how does PmWiki use PTV, when you call one from another page, or in
pagelist : from pageindex or from scanning every wiki.d files (if I
only modify ptv, out of PmWiki edit/save process, will I have to
generate a new pageindex in order to get the new ptv usable ?)

(In my own case, generating a new .pageindex –almost 80 mo– is quite
long and makes me anxious, thus I have to be cautious : if that works,
don't break it).

Thank you,
Gilles.