[pmwiki-users] Charset problem, notify.php or pmform.php

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed Feb 7 10:43:34 PST 2024

Is the problem in the Subject: header, or in the message body?

In the message source (headers and envelope), does it actually say the
content-type is "iso-8859-1"?

I suspect it does not, and your email client, or webmail client, is
configured to consider unset encodings as "iso-8859-1".

You would have something like this in config.php:

   # Fix for Subject header, if international characters:
   $EnableNotifySubjectEncode = 1;
   $EnablePmFormMailSubjectEncode = 1;

   # Fix for message body:
   $NotifyHeaders = "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8\r\n";
   $PmFormMailHeaders = "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8\r\n";

Maybe we should enable these in scripts/xlpage-utf8.php ?

Petko