[pmwiki-users] Question regarding slow page loading with attr set

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sun Apr 14 08:44:35 PDT 2024

On 14/04/2024 16:02, Hans Bracker wrote:
> You wrote before that the auth level caching only works for calls from
> markup. But I can use calls to CondAuth() in my recipe script with an
> extra parameter, to ask for caching, like: CondAuth($pagename, 'edit',
> 1) ? That should be okay? I have been using four calls in foxcsv.php
> in the function building a template automatically.

If your function is called from MarkupToHTML(), then yes, you can use
the undocumented 3rd argument, and watch the Release notes in case it
changes some day.

If your function is called before MarkupToHTML(), don't use the 3rd
argument, cache the results yourself in your function, carefully. If
this is too early, before other recipes, authuser.php, group and page
configurations, and other configurations are initialized, it may cache
the wrong permissions.

Petko