[pmwiki-users] Repeated prompts for passwords?

Jeff Henry jbhenry at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 13:25:10 PDT 2023

Hello,

I have a site (running PmWiki 2.3.25) that has a Group that is protected
with Group passwords for read and edit. In the past, a user has only had to
enter the read password one time, to be able to see all pages within the
group. But recently PmWiki is prompting for the password for each page in
the group, even when going from one page to another within the same group.
And this happens for both the Group password and the Admin password set in
config.php $DefaultPasswords
<https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/SecurityVariables#DefaultPasswords>. It
is very annoying to our users to have to keep entering the password over
and over again. I hadn't changed anything with the PmWiki software in quite
a while. I did update to the latest stable to see if that would correct the
problem, but it did not. Could my hosting provider have changed something
in the PHP environment to cause this?
Thanks,

--
Jeff Henry