[pmwiki-users] Chrome will stop allowing 3rd party cookies soon. Guideline and timeline.

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sun Nov 26 13:02:22 PST 2023

Thanks for the heads up.

Most wikis wouldn't be affected by this change since PmWiki by itself
doesn't use or rely on 3rd party cookies.

If you have enabled some customizations or recipes that need updating,
please contact the recipe authors or maintainers. I suspect recipes
using external authentication or embedding external content might be
affected, but in most cases this is not in our control, and the external
providers will quickly update their functionality (or get out of
business).

If you act as an external provider, i.e. other websites on different
domain names embed your wiki: If something breaks with the session
management, and your administrator is unable to fix it, please let me
know and I'll see if something can be done.

Petko