[pmwiki-users] markupexprplus not working

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Mon May 8 02:24:06 PDT 2023

Hi,

> to test out markupexprplus I tried this markup in the group header:
>
> {(setq {$Name} 1)}
> (:notitle:)
>
> which should produce no text on the page, but I do get this text:
>
> (setq GroupHeader 1)

The variable manipulation is an optional feature of MarkupExprPlus
which should be explicitly enabled in your config file with the
related configuration flag, such as:

$EnableExprVarManip = 1;
include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/markupexprplus.php");

In order to know which variable to work with, the setq markup require
its name specification, such as:

{(setq Name 1)}

It should also be noticed that modifying the value of PmWiki's default
page variables, like "{$Name}", could lead to unpredictable results.

If the goal is to handle a variable named according to the current
page context, then the {(pagevar ...)} markup should be helpful for
that and I have modified the cookbook recipe page with another
example.

Regards,
Dominique