[pmwiki-users] finding occurrences of symbols in a string

Thomas Hirtenlehner thomas.hirtenlehner at tielor.at
Thu Jun 8 13:54:31 PDT 2023

Hi folks!

I tried to get some order into my pages by a naming scheme that sorts
the pages in my glossary in an alphabetical order. So something like this:

mygroup.foo1-bar1
mygroup.foo1-bar2
mygroup.foo2-bar3-foobar1
mygroup.foo2-bar3-foobar2

now foo1-bar2 is a rather lousy title for a page, so I tried to automate
the title by excluding foo1 from the title like this:

(:title {(substr {$Name} 13)}:)

but of course, the 13 only works iff foo1 actually has 13 letters.

Is there a way to search for "-" to feed the substring directive
automatically with the correct number?

and if so: how do I handle cases with more than one "-" in it?

thanks in advance!
Thomas