[pmwiki-users] Looking for a recipe that creates pages from templates

Hans Bracker design at softflow.uk
Mon Jun 5 00:53:40 PDT 2023

Hello Simon,

Monday, June 5, 2023, 6:32:33 AM, you wrote:

> thanks, this sounds very much like what I had in mind.
> A drop down list, populated from pagelist like parameters (e.g.
> name=*template* or category=template) and $EditTemplatesFmt
> <https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EditTemplates>, showing the available
> template page names and page summaries.
> A data entry field for the name of the new page, and a "create" button.
> I'll have a play to see  what I can achieve

Note that if you use Fox to open a new page for editing (by using 'newedit' as a input text field in a Fox form), then you do not need to work with $EditTemplatesFmt, but you can use Fox to determine the template (as an anchored section, or a separate page).

But  I don't know how you populate values for a drop-down input control via a pagelist, I don't think it is possible. But perhaps it is, via the creation of a custom pagelist format, so a pagelist can generate the (:input select ... :) fields, when the page with the form gets called. But if you only use a limited number of templates, why go to the trouble using pagelist for that?

--
Best regards,
Hans Bracker