[pmwiki-users] Any way to test : if backlink exists ? (then print something)

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Jan 27 00:31:22 PST 2023

On 27/01/2023 09:20, Hans wrote:
> Friday, January 27, 2023, 6:39:58 AM, you wrote:
> what does (:markup class=norender:) achieve?

It only shows the wiki markup, without rendering it.

If you have $EnablePmSyntax, the markup will be highlighted.

> Is it doing the same than (:if false:)
> Are there other advantages?
> I always used (:if false)...(:ifend:) to hide anchored template blocks
> in pages.

In individual pages, agreed, I'd use "if false" too.

In Site.LocalTemplates, it is easier to locate your template without "if
false", but I have previously wrapped the templates in [@...@] to
prevent their processing when I open this page.

With (:markup class=norender:) and $EnablePmSyntax = 2 you can see the
highlighted markup when you read the LocalTemplates page, and also when
you edit it.

Personally I find it nicer and easier on the eyes, but obviously it is
not required. A template in an individual page with "if false" it will
still be highlighted when edited.

Petko