[pmwiki-users] Search with non-ascii characters in url q= parameter

Hans design1 at softflow.uk
Tue Jan 24 03:22:24 PST 2023

Hello Petko,

Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 10:37:15 AM, you wrote:

> Yes, PmWiki can handle international characters in searches (try on pmwiki.org), but you may need to enable UTF-8.

> See https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UTF-8 as this may not be trivial for existing wikis.

so I added to my test wiki config.php, near the top:

include_once("$FarmD/scripts/xlpage-utf-8.php");
$DefaultPageCharset = array(''=>'ISO-8859-1');

wiki.d wiki file pages contain:
charset=ISO-8859-1

Html source in the <head> contains an entry for utf-8:

Now the search does not yield any results if the query string contains an  "ä" for instance.
But the  "ä" is displayed correctly in th eurl and in the search box.

So what may be stopping the search yielding results?

Best regards,
 Hans
mailto:design at bracker.uk