[pmwiki-users] action=download saving corrupted files

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Mon Feb 27 01:46:38 PST 2023

On 27/02/2023 10:26, Christophe David wrote:
> I have been using PmWiki  since 2005 and still love it.
>
> For a few weeks now (I cannot correlate this to anything), the
> downloads of binary files using action=download result in corrupted
> files (for example .zip files cannot be read).
>
> Same issue using Chrome or Firefox, on Linux or Windows.
>
> Downloading files directly from the server (outside PmWiki directories)
> does not corrupt the files.

There might be some warning or error message before the file content. To
see the message, try downloading a plain text file and look at it. On
Linux, you can peek into the ZIP file with `less -L file.zip`, agree to
view the binary file and look at the first few characters or lines,
before the string "PK^C".

Alternatively, some recipe or local configuration may output something
before the file. This may happen if you have PHP files with a closing
"?>" marker at the end, and some text or white space after it. It is
recommended to remove these closing markers from your local and cookbook
files.

See PmWiki:Troubleshooting on how to track the source for the
errors/warnings.

Petko