[pmwiki-users] Issues with non basic latin in uploads file names

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Thu Feb 23 01:10:28 PST 2023

> > I often happen to upload images by simply dragging them from web pages
> > (or other sources) into my wiki, and I do not even know their file
> > names.
>
> Do you drag them from a web page and drop them in a DDMU dropzone? I
> didn't know this was possible - in fact it still isn't in my browser.

It works smooth on my Chromebook, both on Chrome/ChromeOS and Firefox/Debian.
It is a good feature because it avoids the double work of downloading
into the local machine and then re-upload online to the wiki server,
leaving a lot of files to delete.
A couple of cons: 1) you do not know the name of the file you are
uploading; 2) at times several files have the very same name, so they
overwrite each other.

----

All the rest of your long answer takes time for me to digest: I will
try to understand and answer back soon ;-)

Thanks!
Luigi