[pmwiki-users] UTF-8 in page names

Hans Bracker design at softflow.uk
Fri Feb 10 01:55:57 PST 2023

Hello Petko,

thank you for that detailed answer!

I think it may be good to have this info somewhere in the documentation.
I am looking at the documentation, but I cannot find such info.

Page PmWiki.Internationalizations does not mention internationalization of page names and titles. UTF-8 character set is mentioned briefly, with a link
to the PmWiki.UTF-8 page.

Page PmWiki.InitialSetupTasks also briefly mentions (under Other common setup tasks) a link to PMWiki.UTF-8

The  PMWiki.UTF-8 does  not mention the use of  UTF-8 in page names.
But it does setting up the character set, and also RTL.

So it seems that page is best suited to give some info on the use of UTF-8 in page names. Perhaps as extra heading underneath "Support for RTL right-to-left languages. A heading perhapsas
"Support of UTF-8 in page names and url"

I am happy to add your answer there. And also give links to the relevant Cookbook pages.

~Hans